POSTED April 2023
To lead and conduct analytical and data projects on behalf of Adroit Data & Insight’s clients, and provide interpretative analytical solutions primarily across (but not limited to) our charity clients and within the INDIGO benchmarking project.
Summary of Role
- Lead and conduct analytical and data work on behalf of clients, and provide analytical solutions
- Act as primary point of contact for client liaison throughout the project lifecycle, and work directly with clients and internal account, technical and systems staff
- You will agree analysis specifications with clients, including budgets & timescales, and show an ability to understand their commercial needs, and translate these into strategic recommendations
- Conduct the analysis to deliver high quality analysis work to the client, using appropriate tools and techniques, and sense checking all numerical output.
- Ensure that internal analysis solutions, tools and products are appropriate for client. Deliver high quality analysis work to the client, identifying significant relationships, most appropriate variables and applying statistics to the client’s commercial context
- Manage and develop staff within your management line, ensuring that they work efficiently, are fully utilised, and adhere to Adroit’s core values in all they, and you, do as required.
- Lead major analysis projects, and conduct client presentations, consultancy and training workshops
- Ensure that jobs are delivered to agreed budget and timescales. Efficient job production to maintain internal profitability on managed projects. Observing and using internal financial procedures and processes for invoicing, purchase orders etc
- Use appropriate internal procedures for proposing, briefing, specifying, conducting and delivering analysis solutions
- Follow agreed internal technical and job management procedures
- Help develop key clients insight into their own data and communicate this effectively to them
- Assist the Director of Analytics (and the Board) in supporting new business efforts to secure analysis work e.g. contributing to proposals and generating costings and quotations
- Lead discussions with our charity clients, making suggestions on how to improve their fundraising activities, and suggestions for further analysis.
- Communication – Communicating to and with others effectively, both in writing and orally. Client-facing skills, including verbal presentation of analysis to non-technical audiences. Capable of explaining complex issues in simple terms to a non-numerate audience
- Interpersonal skills – Applying appropriate social skills in formal and informal interactions and across a variety of situations to build effective relationships
- Teamwork – Participating as a team member – putting in required effort and communication to ensure the team is effective
- Planning – Establishing a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal; planning assignments and appropriate allocation of resources. Organised and methodical, enabling others to pick up work simply
- Analytical Ability – Effectiveness in analysing situations and identifying issues and looking at possible causes or problems and securing relevant information
- Technical Translation – Communicate technical information and concepts in written or oral form to non-technical audiences
- Resilience – Maintain performance under pressure, change, uncertainty and setbacks, and able to adapt own approach to cope with change. Adaptable and flexible, showing ability to re-prioritise work as client demands dictate
- Commitment – Determination to see things through, if necessary sacrificing one’s own present comfort in the interests of the organisation. Hard working, needing to work under pressure at times and occasionally able to work non-standard hours where deadlines must be met
- Initiative – Trying to influence events rather than just accepting things. Taking action to achieve even better results than are called for. Self-starter capable of working under own initiative with minimal supervision
Skills and Experience
- A passion for working with data, including high-quality and accurate work, and an ability to summarise key findings in simple terms.
- Marketing/Data/Statistical qualification – ideally a degree level qualification in one of these subjects, but non-graduates considered with relevant experience.
- Advanced Excel skills are essential.
- The ability to communicate insight in an engaging a confident way, whilst understanding the charity fundraising context is essential.
- Experience of Apteco Marketing Suite would be an asset, but not essential.
- SPSS, Python, R or SAS would be an asset, but not essential.
- Use of PowerPoint to create impactful slides and charts is essential.
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit fundraising sector is essential.
- Knowledge of SQL Server would be an asset, but not essential..
- Knowledge of Power BI would be an advantage, but is not essential.
- Have a problem solving attitude, able to tackle problems head on, coming up with innovative solutions.
Interested in the role?
If you’re interested in the role please send your C.V. to HR@adroitinsight.com