What is Marketing Automation?
"Marketing automation refers to software platforms and technologies designed for marketing departments and organizations to more effectively market on multiple channels online (such as email, social media, websites, etc.) and automate repetitive tasks." - WikipediA
What can Marketing Automation do?
- Trigger campaigns and notifications based on contact behaviour
- Build complicated workflows/ series of campaigns that are automatically broadcast after a contact joins a segment
- Dynamic segmentation of contacts based on their actions on your website
- Integration with CRM to produce a closed loop system
- Webcapture that feeds straight into a marketing acquisition programme - Nurture workflows
- Save time and resources - By having your regular communications setup in an automated fashion will give your team more time to concentrate on interpretting the results
- Multi channel marketing can also be achieved with marketing automation, with many ESP's also incorporating SMS broadcast.