Adroit are hiring a Data Engineer to deliver SCV and ETL solutions on behalf of Adroit Data & Insight’s clients and provide interpretative analytical support. Develop SQL to manipulate data for analysis.
Summary of the Junior Data Engineer role
- Run standard projects acting as a technical contact point for client liaison throughout the project lifecycle. Work directly with the client and with internal account and analysis teams.
- ETL development primarily in SISS, assist in the design, development, coding and technical testing of new and existing BI data-processing systems, including creation of new and modified data flows
- Establish data feeds and write SQL scripts to enhance raw datasets
- Work closely with colleagues, developers, and end-users to ensure the solution meets business requirements and is delivered promptly
- Assist in managing data feeds, troubleshooting ETL problems and performance issues
- Assist in writing supporting technical documentation and providing technical support as required
- Follow agreed internal technical and job management procedures
- Assist in supporting new business efforts to secure systems work, e.g. contributing to proposals, obtaining quotes
Personal Qualities of the Junior Data Engineer applicant
- Communication – Communicating to and with others effectively, both in writing and orally. Client-facing skills. Capable of explaining complex technical issues in simple terms.
- Interpersonal skills – Applying appropriate social skills in formal and informal interactions and across various situations to build effective relationships.
- Teamwork – Participating as a team member – putting in required effort and communication to ensure the team is effective.
- Planning – Establishing a course of action for self and others to accomplish a specific goal, planning assignments, and appropriately allocating resources. Organised and methodical, enabling others to pick up work simply
- Analytical Ability – Effectiveness in analysing situations and identifying issues and looking at possible causes or problems, and securing relevant information
- Technical Translation – Communicate technical information and concepts in written or oral form to non-technical audiences
- Attention to detail (e.g. identifying and working around technical limitations, testing your solutions)
- Resilience – Maintains performance under pressure, change, uncertainty and setbacks, and adapts to cope with change. Adaptable and flexible, showing the ability to re-prioritise work as demands dictate.
- Commitment – Determination to see things through, if necessary, sacrificing one’s own present comfort in the interests of the organisation. Hard-working, needing to work under pressure at times and occasionally working non-standard hours where deadlines must be met.
- Initiative – Trying to influence events rather than just accepting things. Taking action to achieve even better results than are called for. Self-starter capable of working under own initiative with minimal supervision
Skills and Experience
- Database Developer qualification – ideally a degree level qualification in the subject, but non-graduates considered relevant experience.
- Knowledge of SQL Server to create analysis datasets.
- Candidate must show both pieces of knowledge and apply to understand the following: ETL development, database & warehouse design, Data modelling, analytics and validation, MS SQL, SSIS, SSRS, Azure Data Factory.
- Exposure to advertising and marketing data.
- End-to-end development life cycle experience (e.g. requirements gathering, development and testing).
- Some understanding of authentication and communication with REST/SOAP APIs
- Exposure to Python, Azure.
- Knowledge of Hands-on experience with Data Analytics / Data Visualisation tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, FastStats, SSRS/SSAS, etc.) would be an advantage but is not essential.