We’re currently hiring a Senior Data Analyst to lead analytical and data projects on behalf of Adroit Data & Insight’s clients, provide interpretative analytical solutions, develop existing client income, and identify and pursue new business opportunities along with the client services team.
Summary of the Senior Data Analyst Role
- Lead and conduct analytical and data work on behalf of clients and provide analytical solutions
- Act as the primary point of contact for client liaison throughout the project lifecycle, and work directly with clients and internal account, technical and systems staff
- You will agree on analysis specifications with clients, including budgets & timescales, and show an ability to understand their commercial needs and translate these into strategic recommendations.
- Analyse to deliver high-quality analysis work to the client, use appropriate tools and techniques, and sense-check all numerical output.
- Ensure that internal analysis solutions, tools and products are appropriate for clients. Deliver high-quality analysis work to the client, identifying significant relationships most appropriate variables and applying statistics to the client’s commercial context
- Manage and develop staff within your management line, ensuring that they work efficiently, are fully utilised, and adhere to Adroit’s core values in all they and you do.
- Lead major analysis projects and conduct client presentations, consultancy and training workshops
- Ensure that jobs are delivered to the agreed budget and timescales. Efficient job production to maintain internal profitability on managed projects. Observing and using internal financial procedures and processes for invoicing, purchase orders etc
- Use appropriate internal procedures for proposing, briefing, specifying, conducting and delivering analysis solutions
10. Follow agreed internal technical and job management procedures
- Help develop critical client’s insight into their data and communicate this effectively to them
- Assist the Director of Analytics (and the Board) in supporting new business efforts to secure analysis work, e.g. contributing to proposals and generating costings and quotations
Personal Qualities of the Senior Data Analyst applicant
We’re looking for the following qualities in applicants for the Senior Data Analyst role:
- Communication – Communicating to and with others effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Client-facing skills, including verbal presentation of analysis to non-technical audiences.
- Capable of explaining complex issues in simple terms to a non-numerate audience
- Interpersonal skills – Applying appropriate social skills in formal and informal interactions and across various situations to build effective relationships.
- Teamwork – Participating as a team member – putting in required effort and communication to ensure the team is effective.
- Planning – Establishing a course of action for self and others to accomplish a specific goal; planning assignments and appropriately allocating resources.
- Organised and methodical, enabling others to pick up work simply
- Analytical Ability – Effectiveness in analysing situations and identifying issues and looking at possible causes or problems, and securing relevant information
- Technical Translation – Communicate technical details and concepts in written or oral form to non-technical audiences
- Resilience – Maintains performance under pressure, change, uncertainty and setbacks, and adapts to cope with change. Adaptable and flexible, showing the ability to re-prioritise work as client demands dictate
- Commitment – Determination to see things through, if necessary sacrificing one’s own present comfort in the interests of the organisation. Hard-working, needing to work under pressure at times and occasionally able to work non-standard hours where deadlines must be met
- Initiative – Trying to influence events rather than just accepting things. Taking action to achieve even better results than are called for.
- Self-starter capable of working under own initiative with minimal supervision
- Commercial nous – Capability to build commercially viable and advantageous relationships with key clients, ensuring that profitability is maintained and income growth built
Skills and Experience
- The successful applicant may have a statistical qualification such as a degree level qualification in Statistics or relevant professional qualification in marketing analytics.
- Application of data analysis within a marketing environment, including charity sector work
- Advanced statistical techniques such as regression, CHAID, correlation analysis, cluster analysis, used in
- segmentation and predictive modelling applications, along with knowledge of Life Time Value analysis.
- Significant use of Python, R and SPSS, and excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Advanced Power BI skills for the development of interactive dashboards and reports.
- Account or project management – significant interaction with clients regularly, project management skills, and financial accountability
- An ability to work in a varied, demanding and flexible environment, occasionally pressured, but able to work under your initiative whilst operating as an influential team member.
- A passion for working with data, including high-quality and accurate work, and an ability to summarise key findings in simple terms
- Experience with FastStats software would be an asset but is not essential.