Social Media Marketing
Need help maintaining your Social Media presence?
Typically, we are asked by clients to complement their existing creativity and content with a highly effective approach to the campaign planning and delivery phases.
Innovate & Improve
Test & Learn
We work collaboratively with our clients and look to complement their existing skills and capabilities. As such, every relationship is different, and we tailor our approach accordingly. In general, we are asked to assist through:
- Finding new audiences to engage with
- Improving ROI to get more out of your budget
- Analysing your competition and identifying opportunities
- Improving AD targeting
- Determining the most effective messaging
- Automating campaign delivery
- Saving your time
These capabilities ensure you deliver on the many opportunities that Social Media offers. We typically support both content-based ‘natural’ and paid media campaigns.
Tools & Techniques for Social Media Marketing
Here at Adroit, we utilise a range of techniques and tools to improve the performance of your campaigns. These are employed during three distinct phases:
- In the planning phase, we undertake audience analysis, research, assess potential placements, targeting options and timing.
- During the campaign we perform A/B testing, assess all aspects of the campaign with the aim of improving performance through continual refinement
- Post campaign, we deliver a suite of reports so that you can assess results – not just the top-line performance of the campaign – but understanding who engaged and using other digital data to determine the overall reach that was achieved.
By delivering well-targeted, evidence-based campaigns, ROI can increase significantly. This ensures budget-friendly campaign management.
Analysis & Learning
Your campaigns are doing well… now what? Campaigns can perform well for a number of reasons, including who was tagged in the post, the hashtags used, the imagery, links and type of content. The timing of campaigns is also critical, in order to catch current/popular topics and themes.
Furthermore, generating insights is important for future campaigns to understand what works well with your audience(s). We advocate putting the same amount of time and effort into your reporting as your campaign. In measuring and justifying social media campaigns, we look beyond the top-line numbers to assess:
Developing relationships becomes more important as your reach increases. Each supporter has a network that can share content so engage with the followers. You should focus on the one’s with a larger following or significant influence.
Any relationship that yields tangible benefits is working. Did someone you have been engaging with on Twitter volunteer or sign a petition? There are great outcomes which need to be tracked to demonstrate ROI.
We all know celebrity endorsements can be successful but also pricey. Sharing content from your followers and supports can create great results too. The top engaging Twitter posts were audience-led content.
On the surface, lots of likes and comments look great but it is not until you dive into the context of these interactions that you receive useful insights. For example, a high number of comments could be generating negative feedback.
Social Media Reporting
Finally, here are some examples of social dashboards that we use to track various actions from our followers. We use these insights to improve future campaigns and ensure, through careful monitoring, that campaigns are achieving the desired result.
5 Ways to Smash Social Media Marketing
1. Plan your Social content in advance Digital Marketing Assistant Chloe finds it easier to block out lots of time to focus on writing content.
Emojis – Freedom Day
3 Ways Emojis Can Improve Content Using “Freedom Day” emojis as an example Estimated reading time: 2 minutes What Are Emojis? The Oxford English Dictionary
Hashtags – Freedom Day
What Are Hashtags? Why Do We Use Them? Hashtags are tags people use to make it easier for others to see this content as they
5 Advantages of using an agency for Social Media
Estimated Reading Time: 3 Minutes We are busting the myth that hiring an agency is more expensive than hiring an employee to manage your social